The key to a successful local move is to have your household ready when your professional movers arrive on the scheduled move date. Here are a few suggestions to help you ready your household for moving day.
Appliances, Electronics, and Power Equipment
- Disconnect all major appliances.
- The washer, dryer and icemakers should be disconnected.
- Defrost and empty the freezer.
- Clean and empty the refrigerator.
- The water hoses to washer need to be drained.
- Disconnect all your electronic items and have them packed.
- Drain the oil and gas from all power equipment.
Packing, Labeling, and Unloading
Your professional movers will blanket wrap all furniture. If you’ve done any of your own packing, be sure to have items that packed in the proper cartons, labeled, and ready to be moved. And to make sure things end up where you want them in your new location, develop a floor plan so when the movers arrive at your new home, your household goods will be placed in the correct location.